FAMILY DISPUTE RESOLUTION
WHAT IS MEDIATION
Mediation is a voluntary process which can be used in many situations where people are unable to reach an agreement to resolve a dispute. Mediation is facilitated by a mediator, that is a person who doesn’t have any personal involvement in the problem being resolved.
Mediators help people, who are in conflict and have not been able to agree about something, to discuss the issues, understand each other’s point of view and explore possible options for resolving the problem. When an agreement is possible the mediator will write up the points of agreement so each person has a copy of what they and the other people involved have agreed to commit to.
All mediators who work with FDR Mediation are nationally accredited mediators, and are registered Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners with the Australian Government Attorney-General’s Department. s a mediator do?
The mediator's job is to help you to talk to the other person about the issues that are causing problems for both of you. They make sure that it is safe for you to meet and keep the conversation respectful.
The mediator will help both of you to:
- have a chance to be heard equally and fairly
- work out what issues are important to each of you and why
- find areas of agreement and common ground
- work with both of you to help find solutions for the identified issues
- give you advice – legal, counselling, financial, or any other advice
- judge you or decide who is right or wrong
- take sides or make decisions for the parties
- tell you what agreement you should make
Pre-Mediation Intake and safety screening: discuss each persons needs and establish safety. minimum time set is 1 .5 hours. $120 hour
3-hour Family Mediation Session: minimum time set is 2.5hours at a cost of $120 per hour per party.
Issue of Section 60i Certificate (FDR Parenting only): In parenting matters where requested and issued to each requesting party.
Other as Required
Travel (General and FDR): Distances within 20km of Byron Bay.
Travel (General and FDR): Interstate or regional travel.
Rates as negotiated
- All prices listed are GST inclusive.
- All services are to be paid in advance of the service delivery.
- Fees are payable to the mediator regardless of an agreement being reached.
- We invoice each of the parties separately, unless alternative arrangements are made in advance.